21 April 2013

Diablo Menthe





Many people may wonder where the name of my blog came from? WELL, the name peppermint-soda came from the french film Peppermint Soda translated Diabolo Menthe, which is an autobiographical 1977 French film directed by Diane Kurys. When I took french in high school, the teacher showed us this film. I loved it and it stuck in my mind for years. The film is about 13 year old Anne and 15 year old Frederique, they are two jewish sisters whose parents are divorced. They live in Paris with their mom and attend a strict school, while spending their summers at the beach with their father, who they don't feel comfortable with. They go through many other troubles of adolescence. This coming of age film struck something with me, it reminded me of my own life, at the time. I felt I could relate somehow... It's also such a beautiful and sweet story.

5 comments:

  1. i love this! :) I always loved how you named your blog after this film, perfect.
    the movie stills are so beautiful, i love the 1970's french style of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah i really want to see it now :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I really want to watch this now:) this looks like such a pretty film!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love french movies I will def look this one up x
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm renting this in the library this afternoon:)

    ReplyDelete